Thursday, April 29, 2010

What is your media Diet?

I feel that these two articles contradicted each other on some level. The article "Don't fear the digital" talks about how youngsters now days are using the internet. It says that they should have a 'balanced media diet'. I would have to say that I agree with this. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times facebook has derailed my 'homework time'. The other article "The Multitasking generation" followed a LA family. It basically said that technology affects, or at least IS the new family structure. A few weeks ago, my math teacher gave a good example of this. She said that while visiting her family, everyone was on a lap top or a cell phone with facebook up. The worst part about it was that they were also messaging each other!!! I kind of think this is ridiculous. However, my mother is guilty of this. She will always send me text messages even though I am only down stairs. Every time I go up the stairs and force her to have a conversation with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment